View Single Post
      01-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #234
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Preface- thanks to the OP and all the others who contributed info to help others swap out kidney grills.

Yesterday I had the Stg I PPK installed on my 2010 135.
Today I took a trip to my dealer to purchase the Shadowline Black Performane grills. I read this whole thread on swapping the pieces and mentioned to the two parts guys at the dealer which way they recommend to do it. Both of them in agreement, grasp the installed grills on both sides and pull. No torx screws need to be removed nor clips released needs to be done. They said you need to exert a good amount of pressure to get them out.

I got home with new grills and gave it a go.
Gripping the grill on either side I started pulling. It felt like it wasnt to release as I would pulling pretty damn hard. I tried again and the bottom clips released. With a little work pulling some more the tops released. Same with the other side. I cleaned up the paint that was kind of mucky where the grills covered and popped the new ones in. They snapped right in with very little effort. The whole deal from start to finish took no longer than 5 min. Easy as pie.
The AW front end is now much improved(looks wise) with the new parts. I love it!
Appreciate 0