05-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Do you think BMW will ever admit the fact that they saw how HP Autowerks, Inc. was able to do on the 135i and 335i with the M3 bits and how well the cars handled after the conversion, they decided to come out with something of their own? It would be interesting to see if BMW had this in mind back in 2008 or it's something thought up recently.
I would guess that the answer to this is no,they would never agree to that. but to some degree, i agree with your other thought .. they def got ideas from HP and the rest of the Motorsport world.

as we all know..BMW looks at this forum all the time... they would be silly not to.. they have a free focus group on every detail of every car...

I could imagine a group of german engineers, reading theses posts at night at home, and then coming into work the next day and saying..

Hanz, your not gonna believe what i figured out... lets go to the lab and swap some parts...etc etc etc

imitation is the sincearest form of flattery.. of course ther is no money attached to flattery