NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurEinser View Post
HPFP may be causing cold start shudders?
My 2c.
Is it auto or manual? Did the car rapidly change RPMs before starting properly?
Any mods?
Did the shaking eventually stop? Did applying any throttle pressure help(in neutral of course)?
Is the CEL light still on? My dealership wont do anything unless the OBC has an indicator of a malfunction. Ask them to keep the car overnight and start it in the morning. If they can replicate a cold start shudder, then you may be able to get it fixed (that would most likely be the HPFP/injectors in that situation).

How many HPFPs have you been through and how long have you had the car?

Gluck,
-NurEinser
The first time yes it stopped.. I did not try to rev it in neutral.
A service light came on not sure what color or what else popped up.. Just wanted to shut it off..
My HPFP went at 12k miles the car has 29K miles now.. I bought the car brand new and I have had 1 HPFP replaced.. Not sure how long ago the car is a 2010... a year and 3 or 4 months old..
BMW has my car as of Saturday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurEinser View Post
Oh and after that 1st "earthquake" did the car eventually run properly?
Haha.. Sort of.. Kind of sluggish. But it became more normal as I drove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss View Post
Sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure there was a thread not long ago by an owner who would get violent shudders when he backed out of his driveway and the CEL would come on. Couldn't reproduce the problem for the dealer so they didn't believe him at first.

I looked for the thread but I couldn't spot it. Maybe someone else will remember. I believe the resolution was that the dealer eventually figured it out.
The Tow truck guy saw my car and was like what the hell it looks brand new my GF told him it kind of was.. When he started it to put it on the tow truck he said WTF.. I talked to him on the phone and he said he has never felt that with a car before..

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0