View Single Post
      08-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #69
obsidiansti
Private
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech2 View Post
[and since it sounds like you have half a clue at least, you'll know that running rich can cause trouble down the line.

Now, I don't know if BMW's twin-turbo engine uses BPVs or atmospheric BOVs, but I highly (no, make that VERY highly) suggest that you check it out before you "slap on" your HKS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech2 View Post
I dont have a hafe A clue? Well i have already installed 2 Ultimate Racing HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve Kits on 335i coupe and sedan. It seems like you dont know shit, your talking to someone who has real life experiance son as far as running rich i can go on forever how this does not apply to what a BOV does read up slick pay attention :Without a blow off valve, when you let off of the gas, the compressed air in your intake piping increases to great pressures as the turbines in the turbocharger are forced to a screeching hault. The extreme pressure forces the air back through the turbocharger, increasing the wear on the turbo. With a blow off valve, when you let off of the gas the air pressure left in your intake piping is relieved as the blow off valve opens up. This allows your turbo to continue spinning in the proper direction, preventing damage to the turbo and allowing for a faster return to positive air pressure in the intake piping.

Please be advised after 5 twin turbo vehicles 3 single turbo cars and one reaching almost 1000whp on my last supra I do know what im talking about.................:wink:

M-TWINS TURBO

Wow, you are not smart! You didn't even understand what he said.

The point being made is that the car has a BPV (bypass valve) that removes the charged air already. Putting a BOV on will have zero positive effect.
Appreciate 0