View Single Post
      01-08-2023, 02:36 PM   #53
dmytro98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i coupe

January 2023 - M3 Gauge Cluster
I bought the cluster preceded from clusterandcoding on Instagram, and it came as expected. Had a new clear lens without any noticeable wear. Also came with the mileage cleared, with my vin already coded to the car. Since I have the supercharger partially installed, I can't turn my car on to test if the oil temp gauge is working, but I was told it should work without any coding on my end. However just putting the car into accessory mode, I can see that my correct mileage is displayed without any dot warnings.

Getting the cluster to fit was another story. I was deceived yet again with how easy it is to install when I watched a video on how to make the m3 cluster fit into an e82. Even though it was just trimming a couple of mm of the cluster in various places, the fact that it's something you look at every time you drive the car, it leaves very little room for error. Also the 2 screw don't line up with the cluster shade cover so you have to figure out how to screw that in to hold it in place.

In the end I ended up scratching up the soft touch plastic on both the top of the cluster, and on the cluster shade cover piece, so I'm going to get some satin black vinyl wrap to cover it up, and there is a small gap at the top of the cluster, that if you just sat in the car you probably wouldn't notice, especially with my seating position as my steering wheel is in the way of that, but I know it's there, so I'm going to see if I can find a solution to fix the gap, otherwise it will forever bother me.

If you're a perfectionist I wouldn't recommend doing this swap as the chances of there being a minor gap are almost guaranteed, unless you're experienced with the precise trimming needed to make it work.

Also really like how well the cluster and the gauge for my meth controller fit together and in the end I'm happy with it but it could be better.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2