05-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupé

Garage List
Angry Tire drama BAH!

So I get a tire pressure warning on my dash so I decided to take it in for a check up. The dealer told me there was a puncture somewhere on the tire but don't know where and recommended me to replace it but since I only have a bit over 8k miles on my car, I decided to get them to fill up the tire and headed to Discount Tire Co. to try a patch and plug.

Discount Tire Co. took off the tire and found out where was no air in the tire, which was a huge surprise to me since the dealer had just told me they filled it up. They also found that the tire did not have a puncture and it was the TPMS sensor that was the cause and problem of the leak. In addition, since I drove the tire on no air, the runflat's walls are now a bit bent and have lines on them so as a result I have to replace it. I managed to get them to replace the sensor and put the tire back on with the promise that I will replace the tire soon.

Anyone think I could talk to the dealer about this? Is the TPMS covered under warranty? I'm a bit ticked since the dealer told me they filled it back to pressure and it wasn't which is now the reason I have to replace the tire. Also TPMS sensor is the cause for it and not the tire, shouldn't the dealer have to replace my tire? I didn't buy the tire protection plan from BMW but shouldn't this not need it since it wasn't the tire's fault but the sensor? Has anyone had the same problem or been in a similar situation?
Appreciate 0