08-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #15
hugo
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d

Garage List
2011 BMW 123d  [0.00]
I try (really hard sometimes) to be laid back and just cruise.
I'll never tailgate but have had it done to me quite a few times even though I drive 9km over the limit, this is the official legal cut-off to issue a ticket on 120km roads in my country (I'm using real/GPS speed which on my 123d speedo is 136!) or sometimes even when I'm going 145-ish real speed and they still tailgate.

When this happens I do get an adrinaline rush and used to "play" with the other car, forcing a lane switch, speeding up forcing them behind me again. I've had one completely wacko crazy stupid guy on the outside lane of a 4 lane + emergency lane road go all the way over to the emergency lane (full of gravel) past a truck, shoot in between 2 trucks and some cares on the 2 center lanes just to get in front of me (and subsequently be stuck behind (and tailgating) the next car!
At that point I realized that this game would not be "won" but will eventually be lost and I would never change anyone's habit with this "game", such people do not realize what they are doing and would probably be very violent/dangerous if anything did happen and we would have to stop and get out the car. So since that revelation I don't do it anymore, let them pass and like IDBMW use them as an advance speed trap warning ;-)
Appreciate 0