titium
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymil
Quote:
Originally Posted by titium View Post
I think this is more marketing then anything else what they don't tell you is the bar and plate will also take longer to heat up (a good thing). I can do a 1st, 2nd gear pull to redline and temps go up by 3-4 degrees with my wanger evo 1 perf.

no issues with taking time for the intercooler to cool on track. with ambient temps in the mid to low 30s 3rd 4th gear to redline on the straight sees temps go up to high 50s, by the time I'm braking for turn 2 temps are back down to mid 40s. was the same lap after lap with no real evidence of it getting heatsoaked and temps creeping up.

overall very happy with the intercooler definitely recommend it . don't see the need to butcher the car if you're staying on stock turbos.
That's not marketing hype that's what I encountered drag racing and on the track

Where the bar and plate would be consistently 10 to 15f higher than tube and fin

The weight saving is substantial too and for a few hundred dollars more it's worth it
agree if you're racing competitively tube and fin is worth it for the weight saving alone.
Appreciate 1
ceedawg467.50