06-25-2007, 01:17 AM   #81
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
100% agree.
Longhorn, this guy will never get it. No amount of logic is going to persuade him.
Some logic in those responses - just a lot of totally unsubstantiated opinion. Nothing wrong with that but let's not pretend it's anything else.

I have/had high hopes for this car, which is why I am on this forum. It is/was on the top of my next-car list. BMW has an opportunity to slot a really sleek small coupe into an uncontested RWD segment here, and I just hope they don't blow it with the final design - I don't doubt the mechanicals will be superb. I am withholding a final judgement until I see it in person since some cars don't photograph well, but so far the 1 coupe looks boxy and misproportioned to me, and too sedanish - it's a shape more attuned to the WRX/Evo crowd. I think BMW should be concerned about this type of reaction to the spy shots (which I have seen from a number of others on general non-Bimmer car blogs and forums) as it may negatively impact their sales. Maybe they can make some last minute panel adjustments but I very much doubt it at this point.
Appreciate 0