European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingers View Post
if you are good with electronics hear is a diy without alarm
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=clown
Actually it is a lot easier than that to make a flashing LED. You can buy them from Radio Shack or the like. Or... for my old e36 I bought one from BMW for a Z3 with an alarm.

I bought what BMW calls a "flasher" BMW part number 65758357417 for about 20 euros. I then wired it up. As most people know... an LED needs +12V and a ground. But in order to make the LED flash. But that would either require you to build some IC circiut like the above link or use a relay OR... get down right ingenious!

What you can do is this. Since a LED needs +12V and ground (-) to work/flash. For the positive signal you need to wire that up to a +12V constant source. For the negative side... you want a "switched" +12V source. By using a +12V "switched" source... when the car is switched off and you loose that +12V signal... that wire will go fairly close to ground/negative. AND... your LED will start to flash! Simply but Ingenious!

I was thinking or ordering this "flasher" and building it into my mirror. It might make for a cool DIY project. I bet all the wires are up in the dome/map light area right there too.

Dackel
Appreciate 0