ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plautos View Post
Relax...

Since the first oil change at 3500km, the engine is running with 10w60 and until now, after 2 changes and near 10000km of rockīnīroll, the engine did not exploded... yet.
I also was unable to change the oil from the gear box and diff, because the refinery probably located in Mars is not sending the oil to Brazil.

I think there is no problem to use the 10w60… just wait a little longer to the engine warm up.
I am OK just feeling sorry for all the time and effort I have wasted for trying to prevent this for such a simple service and was treated all the way like a uber paranoid customer, then happens no matter what. Leaving bad taste in the mouth man, everytime I pass from this BMW something bizarre or lame is happening but of course I am not letting this ruin my feelings toward the car, it is not the car's fault or mine, it is some useless people that this industry keep on hiring and letting ruin their otherwise fine products and/or image.

As I said, the car is already with the correct oil and never been on the road with 10W 60, and after a 100 kms or so I will go there and have the second filling to make it real clean. But really, how do you track intensively with the factory filled transmission and differential oil for 10,000 kms, in addition to a 10W 60 engine oil? I remember now some similar lame performance from my years in Brazil when I had the 330i, they keep on wasting your time etc. We need to be real brave and passionate to buy and keep a car like this in Latin America (hope someone from BMW reading). Hey BMW dudes, it is not just selling the cars, remember! We buy it DESPITE the aftersales experiences you provide but for how long!?
Appreciate 0