09-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
szcyxzh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128I

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
+10

I wouldn't settle for anything less if you want to keep the car. REPEAT, they should have, at the very least, offered you the BMW extended warranty and extended maintenance for free, not reduced, GRATIS because it was demonstrably and knowingly used against the manufacturer’s policies BY A REPRESENTATIVE OF BMW. And this was not disclosed at the time of purchase. The seller knew of the disregard of delivery protocol and possible breach of warranty coverage (i guarantee you if a dealer had evidence that you did not follow proper break-in procedures specified by the manufacturer they'd use that to void your warranty had issues cropped up).

Work with the dealership first and state your case in a calm, matter-of-fact manner, without threats. Log your efforts with them. If they refuse to cooperate after reasoned conversation, then notify them you'll be seeking legal remedies and will follow up with your local media and consumer advocate.

But first make sure you know what you think should be fair compensation for the egregious breach of conduct and be clear and firm with the dealer that is what you expect.
Well said! I would also get the BMW NA headquarter involved into this case.
Appreciate 0