Quote:
Originally Posted by gmane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc
Ideally you want a FMIC, and DPs when running higher boost levels, I am actually in the process of seeking out a fmic and my downpipes are sitting off the car in the garage at the moment.

With high boost levels like the 20psi midrange I was seeing, your cats will not last too long before they become useless. And without a fmic, you will see heatsoak very quickly.

A procede car on 100% e85 fbo was putting down 455whp and 500lbs of torque on a dyno jet, that is some serious power with no meth!
Thanks for the chime in, so essentially you can run e85 mix without bolt on's you'll just kill the DP's and notice heat soak, that is of course if you're pushing it all the time, I guess my question is if I do a mix without bolt on's on a daily drive that sees an occasional burst on the highway will it be that harmful? I intend on changing my FMiC and DP's just not right now
In the short run, your car will be just fine, if you are constantly pushing the car like on a road course for long periods of time, then I would be more concerned, just know that the risk of premature failure is always there, not saying it happens as often as you might think, but the risk is still there.

You should be good man
What if I run a 80/20 93 e85 mix? Will I need to run a stage 2 map on my cobb or will I notice differences on my stage 1 aggressive?
You cannot run more than really a 50% mix without your lpfp not being able to keep up. If you want to run more than 30% e85 with the Cobb e30 ots map, you will want to get a protune for a higher mix. You will yield much better gains than the ots map
I was actual saying to run a 80% 93oct with 20% e85 so less e85 than 93oct.. Would the difference be noticeable on a stage 1 tune or would I need to run the E30 OTS.. I guess what I'm saying is if you put an e85 mix into a non tuned car does it actually boost performance?
Appreciate 0