11-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #30
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 f80 Comp, MPE, stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
DS2500 is definitely a good balance between fast road and a light track pad. They are relatively quiet compared to the optional M performance sport pads, DS3000, Pagid RS19s/29s and PFCs. The DS2500 have a similar feel to the stock pads i.e. slightly soft initial bite that increases with temperature. The M performance sport pads and RS19/29s bite hard from the get go and work well from cold but are too noisy for general road use, unless you live alone in the countryside or install anti-squeal shims. SS brakelines and different brake fluid are only necessary if you track it pretty hard and regularly, otherwise their benefits isn't so apparent over oem on the road. Ring taxis only upgrade their pads to the M performance ones and carry 3 passengers, so uprated pads for fast road use is more than sufficient.

Good right up and advice there,,
However, the ring taxi's hardly use the brakes and although the cars get a hammering,the drivers are well within their limits and drive within the confines of the car's abilities. Therefore the fact they use the the M performance pads rather than race pads etc isnt really relevant.

http://www.carbotech-europe.com/compounds.htm-these guys supplied me with HEL SS brake lines and race fluid with their xp10 pads and i cant fault the bite and feel from cold-having used this set up on my track car i can also vouch for how well they perform on track aswell..

sorry for the thread detour, to get things back on topic-im still waiting for my spec r custom intercooler to be finished and am currently running n55 mids and catless down pipes (i say running but the car is garaged 99% of the time at the mo).
Do evolve charge the same amount for every map they perform?
Id like to get the map adjusted for the current mods and then re done once the cooler turns up,,
if its the same each time il wait and leave the car parked up and only tootle around occasionally-if there is a ecu unlocking fee the first time then id happily pay it then pay for further tweeks further down the line?
cheers Jamie
Appreciate 0