05-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #90
cchui369
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi M Performance Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
You cancelled your order based on what? Not personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
I would like to know what made you change your mind, if you don't mind me asking?

I love the Cayman for looks and handling but every time I convince myself then I drive one I just feel left wanting.

So good to me, that its to tame almost everywhere.
No problem guys. Note: I may not be representative of most people on this board.

My choice does not reflect the 1M missing anything. It is one hell of a car, don't get me wrong. It's perfect for me...except it's missing the refinement of a Porsche. My decision to take the Porsche is purely brand image. In my line of work, it's not the best idea to be seen in a "boy racer" with flared fenders.

As we all know, the 1M is less expensive than a Cayman S and therefore is harder to compare. In this case the 1M looks like a better purchase for someone in that price range. However, I got an amazing deal on the Porsche, making the leases payments equal to what I would have paid on the 1M. Putting that into consideration, the Porsche is a no-brainer. That being said, had the Porsche been retail priced, I would have stayed with the 1M.
Appreciate 0