View Single Post
      09-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
m3kerry
SCCA B Street
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M

1M vs E90 M3 at Blytheville Tri-State National Tour this month

I am starting to size things up in Blytheville in late October.

We are going to have a full class in A Stock. Asher is going to get in later to give us 5. So the field looks like this:

DeYoung, Tom (E Stock driver co-driving with rich, He was roughly mid pack at Blytheville on pax at the Summer Nationals ) E90 M3
Emmert, Kerry (won big lost big all over the damn place) 1M
Fisher, Edward (No national results, mid packer at the regional level) Vett
Wiese, Richard (pretty sure Rich has trophied at nationals) E90 M3
Plus Asher Wunderl in my car (2 trophies from nationals) 1M

There are is at least one, maybe two, good data points in that field.

1st Asher and Rich are drivers that have placed in the top 5 in a class at nationals. The e90 M3 and my 1M are of about equal prep.

The feeling I get from talking to and reading the forums is that the e46 and e9x M3’s will move to F stock to try and run down the 2007 Shelby Mustangs. I think the M3’s will bring some much needed life to that class and I the SEB will move them.

Selfishly, I want the 1M to move to F Stock too. Matt was 3.3 back of the winning Vett in A Stock this year and I just don’t see the car being able to run them down. Now, I do think the car can trophy in A stock with a good driver but will be a couple of seconds off the winner (Matt was right there).

There will be good data here to figure out which M car has an advantage, if any.

The E46 will not be as fast at an E90 M3 on any course, IMO. I think Rich has proved that campaigning his this year in the Saint Louis region.
Now, I have driven an E90 M3 on an autocross course and thought it was a heavy dog crap, but watching Rich makes me feel like the car can be fast.

As fast as a 1M? Yes, I think it is. Now, my car has never had a day after the stock setup was pulled off that I thought it was really working. I will put down 10 runs sorting the car in the Evo School and use 12 pass rears and new fronts for the event. I am going to pull the H&R front sway and go back to the softer e93 front sway bar.

We are going to see. Rich has probably got at least 70 to 80 passes in his car this year and Asher has about 15 in mine. I have about 70 in mine but feel like there is going to be a breakout event in the car at some point and this is it.

Hopefully we will run in the same heat at the f stock car.

Like www.facebook.com/thatsrightracing to follow along.
Appreciate 0