View Single Post
      07-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #63
964junkie
Private
Rep
Drives: like Stig.

I spoke directly with Randy Mueller at Epic Motorsports, who sounded very knowledgeable and willing to help. But, the Epic tune is $700 and there is no guarantee the issue will be resolved. Randy would work with me to tweak the software based on my feedback, but I have no desire to invest $700 into an experiment and risk wasting further laps in limp mode.

As for an additional data point which I mentioned to Randy: I did my own experiment - I achieved the same "power reduction" mode symptoms purely through throttle and high rpm application - with little to no braking - on the street during a hot day. It took about 15-20 miles driving like this for the car to get into the limp mode. Hope this helps.

Alex - after checking the AIM Solo data I realized I was doing 2:23s (not :22s). As for the setup, I had bilstein PSS9s, dinan camber plates, an eibach 28mm front sway bar, performance alignment, square 235/40 18 dunlop direzza z1 star spec tires, hawk hp plus brake pads, motul 600 brake fluid, and 10-15 days at the Glen prior.

My days of trying to fight the 128i automatic are over. I've conceded. Best of luck to everyone. Time to look into a more appropriate track car, like an E36 or E46 M3, or an E30 like SkinnyVT.

Last edited by 964junkie; 07-30-2012 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0