11-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Faulal
Flatlander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i 2008 335xi 2009

Acceleration from stand still terrible with run flats

I have a stock 2008 135i.
It has 2nd generation bridgestone run flats. I have not owned this less then a year. Most of the roads where I live are in bad shape. When accelerating from a stand still on these main roads in 1st and 2nd gear, I can't go anywhere near wide out. The tires hit the cracks and bumps and it slams the drivetrain. It feels like wheel hoop but only when it hits not perfect concrete. It feels horrible. Traction control does not kick in until its so sever, it feels like I'm damaging the car. My guess is its the run flats, however could it be the suspension or lack of a LSD?
As its became colder outside it is getting worse. Now every basic commuter car can out accelerate me to 40mph, when they floor it from a stand still. Not until 40+mph will the car hook up and smoothly go.
I used to have an E39 M5 with michelin PS2s and it never had this problem it would accelerate hard over any bad road surface.
Would getting non run flats fix this? Taking off hard from a stop light is one thing I look forward to every time I get in my car.
Appreciate 0