09-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #9
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII M235i, 2004 Acura TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
Well I don't get angry all the time, just when they drive it like a jerk. I guess that goes with anyone, but don't tell me that you've never got upset seeing some 17 year old driving a $60k car like he owns the road. There are a couple 18 year old's in Toronto in court for criminal negligence cuz they were racing their parent's Mercedes', took a turn and killed a guy.

I just generally think that its not the best idea to hand over the keys to an expensive or powerful car to someone who may not be ready to drive it.
LOL... the drivers around DC are so bad that if I hadn't learned to chill some I would probably have had a brain embolism by now. I'm sure that a lot of it has to do with the traffic, but the DC area is also a "melting pot" of people from all around the US and the world with a very diverse (and sometimes very dangerous) range of driving styles.

As far as teens and nice cars go, there was a local high school that handed out a student award for the best car. It seems silly, but evidently it was a pretty big deal and the students acted like it was some great achievement. :frown:

In the past year there have been several fatal car accidents with teenagers behind the wheel, but they are far from being the only offenders on the road. They are joined by the "Greenies" in hybrids that always seem to want to show me how fast their cars can go, the little women in huge SUVs that make up for their lack of stature by their aggressive driving, the lost tourists that think that backing up on the interstate because they missed their exit is a good idea, the local power brokers making deals on cell phones instead of watching where they are driving, and of course the diplomats with M cars that have immunity from tickets and jail time and think that they are starring in a BMW film. :biggrin:

Anyway, the list goes on and on. So yes I've most certainly noticed, but I just try to deal with it without raising my blood presssure too much. :wink:
Appreciate 0