Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade+
How about us DCT guys? And just when I sold my AP. I wonder if I will be able to stack with my BMW perf tune...
What Cobb does for the N54 when such an event arises they ask you to send them a copy of the ecu code (there are instructions on Cobbs site). Assuming this is a hand held flash system too, then the same approach will likely occur. They will crack your dme software then update the maps for your software version specific to your car on their site. This also applies to OEM software upgrades, like the PPK.

for your other question: the reason for a manual transmission test is that the different transmissions of the car can have different OEM stock tunes and they are trying to make sure that this won't cause issue on a different type of transmission because different transmissions will likely have different capabilities (like in the case of the RX-8.)

Since you sold your AP I assume you once had an AP. There is no guarantee that the current AP will work with the N55. They may update or change it. If they keep it the same, then buy one from the forums, I see them go for 600-700 here on the forums.

Last edited by Venom; 11-18-2012 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: Added buying back a cobb unit
Appreciate 0