View Single Post
      08-12-2008, 01:26 AM   #16
Joey_T
That's me...
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
in my vette i had a removable roof, so the seal was not perfect. when i'd complain to the dealer they would "tighten the window" and it would cause the noise to decrease but it never completely solved the problem. but that may be expected with a removeable roof. funny how chevy service is actually better than bmw service, because they would actually listen to what the customer said (without having to reproduce the defect themselves, since they wouldn't drive it over 65). bmw just said "its in spec." Then i had the g35 that had frameless doors also, but had 0 wind noise. funny how infiniti quality is better than bmw quality.
I tottaly agree with you regarding bmw service. My opinion is that the window would need just a tiny correction in adjustment so that it would seal better. If you lets say take a paper money, put it on top of the window and close the door, you will be able to take it out without too much effort. I mean if the seal was perfect you would tear your money into two pieces.

The other day I've driven an M6 on the autobahn. And even in a car that represents the top of bmw range there was quite a lot of wind noise coming in...
Appreciate 0