View Single Post
      07-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #44
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt373621 View Post
Since its my daily driver, I hand wash it once a week...detail spray the bird crap and dead bugs stuck on whenever I see it, and wipe brake dust away every 2- 3 days....I can't seem to keep the swirls away though! I was devistated when I saw swirls after 6 months of such anal washing...and I also use the two bucket grit guard wash method...I even use two different colored wash mitts - one for the top half of the car, hood, roof and trunk, and one separate mitt for the bottom dirtier half of the car. I find that a must-do in order to keep from spreading dirt to the hood and trunk..but then againI still seem to find swirls on sunny sunny days.

I use synwax to wax her every 3-4 months, and that does a great job at hiding the swirls for some time
With a clean MF towel just place it on the car....and pat it down to absorb the leftover water instead of running the towel all over the paint....doing so could results in dirt that could be dragged along the paint which could cause swirls.
Use a leafblower or the like for excessive water removal and for tight areas.
Also polish out the swirls with a random orbital or dual action if u have it. If you don't then contact a respected detailer to do so if you think it is worth the cost of doing so.

Great to hear that you use to mitts and two bucket with grit guards....On the right track mate!