05-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #48
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard
I'm still waiting on some more indepth info on this fault logged in the dcs memory.

My car had no other fault accept szl calibration. it was off 1 deg.. must have been from alignment when i put in the camber plates....

basically all this says is a performance reduction happened... doesnt say when or where or for how long ... it does say if nothing else wrong just delete and move on.

I wonder if dsc is recording pressure and brake applications in regards to speed ... in my mind this is the only way the car could think that there could be an iminent possible overheat of the brakes..

Mind you my brakes were 100% all day and showed no signs of any issues whats so ever.

also i guess my brakes reached a possible 1200 degrees according to the prior post for the 5 series notation... Brembos aint so bad after all..LOL
Well after some further research it does infact use a calculation based upon speed accel and decel and quantity and quality of brake application over a given time and it appears to add it all up and then finally reduce throttle above 60mph.
I did see also that this feature is only in civilian versions and not on "m" cars.

I'll be back at limerock in June so I am going to try and clear the dme between runs so it can no longer add up the speed and brake applications and get me thru the third and forth sessions without going into limp. I never got it on the first two sessions of any track day.

Considering what we put the cars thru at the track I see no way to ever induce this on the street so it will have to wait till June.