First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
so bit the bullet and rode over an unknown item that appeared abruptly not thinking it was concrete.
How's the widow doing lately ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
I blew two brand new tires and had unknown damage so filed a claim, I correctly assumed the damage was costly, wheels and tires at best. It was a large jolt when I hit the item so I asked the shop to ask for wheels if necessary, the adjuster agreed when I spoke to him before I brought it up and yes that is fair as my car was returned to the condition before the incident within reason.
OK, seriously. A tire absorbing a hard impact ain't particularly comforting for the wheel bearings / suspension. It is strong though, but not made of Kryptonite. Were you also required to replace the suspension of your 1M ?
I'm not 100% sure I get the widow eye roll comment but no with new wheels and tires everything aligned and no vibration or other symptoms of further damage. They replaced some underbody panels and no other suspension pieces were needed but the shop had thought there would be other parts necessary to replace.