View Single Post
      04-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
onefast1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I took my car in for service last September because my power would cut out around 5k at WOT (running Cobb). At the time I thought it was just the maps I was running. The dealer took it for several test drives and confirmed the problem even without the tune. Long story short, they kept my car for 3 days just removing the carbon buildup! I don't remember their exact process but I'm pretty sure it was similar to seafoam. He told me it was so bad that each day they would spray it down and let it soak over night before chipping away and removing the buildup. I only had 23k miles on the at the time of service. That's why these types of threads really interest me... Before warranty is up I intend to take it back and request the service be performed again. Does the fact that I only have access to 91 octane contribute to the problem? I only run a tune and I'm a fairly conservative driver.
Sorry didn't mean to jack the thread. But IMO everyone should ask the dealer to look at the carbon build up. We all know every dealer is different
COBB E30 | BMS DCI | BMS Charge Pipe | BMS CDV | BMS Clutch Stop | BMS OCC | BMS Low Temp Thermostat | BMS Angel Eyes | RB PCV Valve | Berk Street Exhaust | VRSF DP's | VRSF FMIC | BMW Performance Rotors Front/Back | BMW Performance SSK | Redline Fluids
Appreciate 0