04-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #96
anttmann
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' CQM M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
I will! In fact... now that you mention it... I do every day. About 3-4 times a day. For about 10 minutes each time when the car is warming up!

I live in Florida. The only "cold oil" is on cold starts. As long as there is little to no load on an engine during warm up, there is an extremely, if not nearly 0% chance, of engine damage due to lack of lubrication from the viscosity of "cold oil".

I seriously doubt the fact that the oil taking an extra minute, or two, would have any adverse side effects on the engines longevity, or the performance. In fact, there is a reason oil has varying viscosity from cold start to full engine temp.

Oil has come a long way... and the fact that BMW "engineered" their cars, and oil, to last 15k miles between oil changes shows just how much variance and abuse the oil and motor can handle.

^ completely agree as im in florida as well tampa to be exact and traffic driving on top of the constant florida heat deff gets the oil temps up there i just placed my order for this even if its a couple degrees lower thats fine with me worth the $50 ,
6MT

Antoine Spignardo
Appreciate 0