View Single Post
      08-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

275's in back. The carnage!

EDIT: To be clear, there's nothing about Apex-8 wheels or 275's that necessarily causes this. This post is about SETUP. I know enough people run these wheels with these tires that have never experienced anything like this. After reading many of your comments below, I'm convinced it's a matter of getting my ride height higher in the rear, and MAYBE a fender roll and spacer to give the tire some breathing room. If you're considering Apex wheels or wondering if 275's can fit, READ THE THREAD FIRST. I'll leave this info up here for people researching the topic. In short, don't slam the back end uf you're going to run that large of a tire.

Went to Leguna Seca last saturday and ran with my new Apex-8 wheels and 275 Dunlop Star Specs in the rear. I read that a few of you were doing those, so I took the plunge.

It looks like I'm in need of some spacers and a fender roll.

Anyone have any similar experiences with this?
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.

Last edited by jeremydgreat; 08-25-2010 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0