08-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
Full camber plates in the front. Nothing in the back. Hell I'm not even sure how you get negative camber in the back.

A fender roll would allow me to put spacers in the back though, right? So the wheels would mount further out to avoid rubbing on the inside. Right?
When you lower the car, you increase the negative camber in the rear. That pushes the tires in at the top toward the rear of the car. Since you have "slammed" the car you are likely running way to much camber back there. Dialing out some negative camber will push the top of the tire closer to the fender and away from the back (which is what you want).

So check your alignment specs in the rear. Get the camber to about -1.5. The rear camber is adjustable but only to a point. If you are slammed all the way down then you may not be able to get to -1.5, but get as close as you can. Note that raising the car will also dial out some negative camber.

Of course if you dial out negative camber you will need to make sure you do not start rubbing on the fender instead. Since other people have been fitting the same tire on the same wheel I am sure it can be accomplished. It may take some trial and error to find the the correct ride height and camber though.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 0