View Single Post
      08-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Hotel Leonardo Review for BMW Euro Delivery

So I got my 1M yesterday..needless to say the Welt experience met and surpassed my high expectations but before I got here I was a little worried about the first hotel so in order to help fellow 1addicts or any other ED folk, here is a quick review of the Leonardo Royal Hotel Munich.

Location to Welt
It is one stop away on the U3 Subway from Welt. The subway entrance is about 150 yards from the hotel entrance. Very easy to get to Welt which was key for me. 9.5 out of 10

Location in General
There is absolutely nothing to do around the hotel. It's an old airport area where they built a really nice hotel but nothing around. On the other hand once inside the hotel, it is beautiful and first class. For about 90 Euros a night, this place is a bargain, but you have to go elsewhere to have fun. On the other hand the SBahn is so good, it's very easy to do. Also, since we are driving, it is actually nice not to have to fight downtown Munich. I just drove my 1M here from Welt and took the train again for our last night downtown, had some beers and didn't have to drive. 8 out of 10

Hotel Rooms and Facilty
Brand new everything, clean, nice staff. This place is very nice. I am sure if it gets well known, prices will go up. There is not a lot of activity, but the place is very nice. Rooms have AC which I heard was a gripe at the Sheraton and Windows that open a bit for fresh air. Rooms have a safe too. 10 out of 10

Breakfast
Our discounted rate did not include the breakfast which cost 19 Euros. We felt this was a little expensive for us yanks but there was nothing around and got hungry so we just paid for the breakfast the first morning. OUTSTANDING! This is not some Continental Ripoff Breakfast, this was the real deal, first class everything. Yes, it's expensive, but we feel like it's worth it now and have gotten it every morning without hesitation. Highly recommend the breakfast. 9.5 out 10 (only .5 ding for being a little pricey)

Internet
Only gripe is Internet in rooms is about 6 euros per hour or 11 Euros per day for basic service, then they offer higher performance for a bit more. We onlz got one hour one time BUT they have 7 workstations open to everyone on the ground floor and they all work properly and have fast access for FREE. They also have a free cofee machine next to them and a connected printer that works. I am actually writing this on the free machines and later will print directions to my M GMBH visit. So even though internet was a little pricey, the free machines are outstanding so I can't ding them too much for it. I will give them 9 out of 10

Overall
This place is PERFECT for BMW Welt pickup. 10 out of 10.

The underground parking is 15 Euros a night. The spaces are not jumbo size but safe and clean. I think this is an excellent location for ED pickup and would recommend it highly to anyone that would ask me where to stay for ED pickup.
Appreciate 0