View Single Post
      04-17-2010, 04:05 AM   #64
M3_CSL_E92
Private
Rep
Drives: none atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunro View Post
How F1 banned turbos, because they made the cars too good... Lol, this NA over FI nonsense is hilarious
The reason they stopped using turbo was because of the ridiculous power and speed, not because they were superior. And this was at the time when F1-drivers died like flies. And yes they were fast as hell on the straights but not even half as fast through the corners like they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmoooon View Post
If a new 507 would follow same characteristics as the old one, a roadster, it would be fine for me.

I don't follow Ferrari very closely, but Ferrari only put the GTO moniker on 250, 288, & 599 right?
The 250 GTO & 288's GTO were used in FIA Races correct? And the 599 GTO is Ferrari's fastest road car ever?
Not sure how Ferrari is putting GTO badge on random cars?

The old 328 has no I/Ci in the name.

No matter how much we argue no one will give in because we have different opinions
Gran Turismo Omologato is what GTO stands for.
Ferrari had to make the Ferrari 250 & 288 GTO in order to race in the class they wanted. And since the 599XX doesnīt race, Ferrari just slapped the badge on the 599 and called it the GTO.

Iīm pretty sure the car will live up to the GTO badge, since itīs the fastest Ferrari ever. But historically, itīs wrong. Should be named something like the Scuderia or Stradale.
Appreciate 0