Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Garage List
2010 125i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesonfirst View Post
Hi All, I've installed this tune a few weeks ago and am happy with the results. It does make the car more responsive across the board and I now get a decent surge of power over 4000rpm. I can't see myself ever going back to the original tune. I've received a couple of questions about it so thought I'd share what I've learned.

Firstly, I use a Mac and it works fine via Parallels (and probably VM Fusion or Bootcamp). Yes you can do it all yourself. Here's the process..

1. They send you a cable, you download the latest software and install this in Windows

2. Using the installed software, you read your original ECU data. This takes about an hour. Make sure the ignition is on but the engine is not running.

3. Email this data file to Evolve. A couple of days later they will email you back a modified file.

4. Upload this new file using the Evolve software and cable. Takes about 15 minutes.

That's it. Being able to do the upgrade myself instead of sending the ECU unit overseas was the big attraction to me compared to other tuner solutions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Graham
ahh if only you were in sydney id be visiting right now!