Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo135i View Post
I just installed a set of the 7500K GP Thunders in my car but they aren't no where near as bright as the stock bulbs.

so I was wondering if it would hurt anything to use HID bulbs in place of the GP Thunders?
We've tried it months back - it's much to bright and produces way to much glare to oncoming traffic. Excessive heat would possibly be another factor.

Bulb output is not the issue here, it's a limitation of the ring design - this is a reason why the GP thunders hardly do anything but change color temperature. Looking at the design, you can see the inner projector is a simple half plastic ring. The outer projector has a fiber ring, thus requiring more light (from the same light source) to achieve the same output as the inner lamp.

Errors aside, a brighter light source will only intensify what is already present - uneven light output from the rings.

We're looking into an alternative solution of our own - and have a couple of ways of going about it. We'll post more info as we get further into development.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0