View Single Post
      04-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

How to tell which service is "due"

A few days ago I started getting a "service due" light when I start my 08 135i. Is there some way to tell which service is "due" without actually taking it in? I have a new 340i on order and it will be here in about 5 weeks, so I'd like to spend as little as possible on this car right before I trade it in. I drive very few miles, maybe 2-3K a year. I had the oil changed last July so it's not due for it's yearly oil change yet. I'm thinking maybe the shop I used to do the change just forgot to reset the counter and that's why it's showing the message. It's got an odd number of miles (28,752) so I don't think it's like a 30k service or anything and I just had the breaks checked a month or so ago and they said they were still at 75% so it can't be those either.

I don't want to let something go that's going to cause damage, but as I said I'm just about to trade it in so I don't want to pay for a major service on it either. Especially since I'll likely only drive it 100-200 miles in the next month.
Appreciate 0