08-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #286
Terry989
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X1 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
+1.

Makes you wonder if Boxster owners get this kind of grief from 911 owners...
I own a Boxster and a 128i - - - I'm definitely getting no love!

For me, I prefer simpler, lighter cars and value handling over power. I'm also a auto crosser, and enjoy seeing 914's and even Boxsters and Caymans often hand GT3's there lunch on the AutoX course.

The 128 is actually my wife's car, but she lets me modify it and drive her around in it on the weekends. So far I have replaced the RFTs with Michelin PSS mounted on 17" D-Force rims (225f/245r), installed the BMW short shift kit, Cool Carbon pads all around, replaced the rear subframe bushings and added the rear luggage tie down hooks (helps me to keep things from flying around in the truck with all of that extra grip I have now - - - I mean that my wife has now). Next up, I bought the used TC Kline double adjustable rear shocks from Harold, as well as the stiffer front control arm bushings, and a set of front Koni sports. Tomorrow the FedEx man is suppose to delivery a E93 M3 front sway bar kit, BMW yellow performance springs and new front bump stops, all from Dan.

With the double adjustable in the rear, I decided not to do the rear sway bar at the same time as the subframe bushings since I'll be able to hopefully dial in the grip and weight transfer using the rebound adjustment.

Last edited by Terry989; 08-17-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 0