ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

[QUOTE=dEvo6;13446868]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Just to let you guys know... Castrol has changed the bottle of their SAF-XJ diff oil bottle. Its still in a 500ml bottle, it just looks different now.

QUOTE]are you sure it's OK for our differential ? I remember that Castrol SAF-XJ it was the sole diff oil that eliminate the noise in my previous cars (M3 both), and Castrol told me that was due to the so called FM booster
I have to change it soon and already have 1.5 liters SAF-XJ I can't use (because it's the non FM booster)
1M comes from factory filled with differential oil without the FM booster which means you may continue with this regular oil as long as you are comfortable with the noise in your car. If you refill with the oil including FM booster then you need to continue with that one and you can't go back to non-FM booster oil though. That's the trick you need to pay attention to.

Since I am satisfied with the regular oil without FM booster and am also concerned about a possible future unavailibility of the one with booster, I myself prefer to continue with the regular oil, for now.

Which type you actually have in your differential?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0