Thread: Oil Cooler
View Single Post
      11-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #56
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Hey Gents,

I have had further discussions with Pete regarding the complete cooling system upgrade, that Advan Performance has in the pipeline.

As a rule of thumb they generally use Koyorad for all the Skyline radiator upgrades.

However given that the lead time required would be quite significant to get a prototype manufactured for the 1 & 3 series vehicles, we have decided to run with the same upgraded radiator I had installed prior to the "Hot Tuner Shootout".

The then "one-off" radiator was fabed up by PWR, who are very well known within Aus for their performance based cooling components.

I don't have the exact specifications of the radiator on hand, however Pete will dig those up next week.

I can tell you, that the PWR rad is a direct swap for the OE unit, as fitment is excellent and it also retains the use of the factory snap fittings.

I have had it installed on my 1'er for some time now, and I have had no issues whatsoever on the street.

More importantly the water temp during the Shootout, was as you would expect .

Here are some pics for you guys, as you can see it is most certainly a quality product, that has been manufactured to the highest of standards, Advan Performance standards.

Pricing on the complete cooling solution and specific component details to follow shortly.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 11-21-2011 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0