View Single Post
      04-06-2015, 06:34 PM   #112
FIRST1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i Melbourne Red

Just wanted to bump and say thanks for this video. This was the first time I worked under my/any car. The process really is as simple as it seems. After purchasing the ramps & the oil filter cap removal tool, it became more expensive than paying an indy shop; just wanted to do it for the experience though. A few things:

-I drained and it only filled up about 5.5 quarts of oil; but I checked oil level recently before the oil change and iDrive told me I was 'OK' and just below max.
-The oil filter cap removal tool I got from ECS is now stuck on the oil filter cap. Is that bad? lol
-With the car on ramps, I noticed a pretty decent amount of oil still in the filter housing. I added 6.5 quarts instead of 7, and I'm all the way topped off at full.
-Even with the 7-8" the ramps gave me, it's still pretty tight down there! I'm lowered on KW V1s, I'm sure that doesn't help.
-My crush washer ended up in the drain pan. I didn't realize this until after I finished pouring the used oil back into the oil cases.
-I need quality mechanic gloves next time!
Appreciate 0