Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e82 135i Coupe 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsargevt
I think that there are a couple of options for you in this space.

If you go with the bimmertech amp, that has an EQ but it needs a computer to apply the EQ you want and then you set it on the device. I don't think that there is a way to change the EQ from the head unit or without a computer (or memory card upload).

You have a couple of options:
MusicarNW has a package which replaces the front speakers & tweeters, the underseat mid-ranges and the amp. They also have a package to replace the rear speakers, but it seems that the cost and hassle to replace those isn't worth it, but that is for you to decide. Give them a ping with the last 7 of your VIN and they'll tell you what they can do for you.

If you have a hardtop, Musicar also has an enclosure for a sub in the rear, I believe.

You can also get a bimmertech amp & bavaudio speakers - they have front speakers & tweeters and are releasing an under-seat midrange sometime this fall.

There are also speaker sets from Focal and I think pioneer that you can use as well.

I am in the same position as you - I want to upgrade the sound system but don't want to spend thousands of dollars. I have an order in for the bimmertech amp based on some conversations I have had with people who have gone different ways (musicarNW, bimmertech and bavaudio). It seems that the DSP in the amp is pretty impressive and can likely get me to where I want to be in the price range I'm looking at. Only time will tell if this was good decision or not. I suspect that this will be more than adequate for my needs.
Amazing thank you very much for the info! If you have any other ideas or complete any of these let me know! Till then I will research some more! Thanks again in advance!
Appreciate 0