United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by geared View Post
same here...i just did the ISO.

I am doing e-85 this week. What mix will you run?

you think the air scoops do anything for you? Let me know....I have the BMS....I was thinking of adding air scoops....

part of me is considering removing the BMS intake all together, as supposedly the BMW design has alot of $$$ into its r&d.....and the closed box is probably a better setup once the car reaches temperature.

I was thinking the same thing about the intake, it sounds great, and I am sure it helps at times, but when it comes down to crunch time, I think that the closed box helps a lot.

I think the scoops help a bit, with the fan blowing in the grill, but I'm not sure how much it really did. I got them for driving on the autobahn, helping with the air flow, but I think they would assist the closed box a lot more. But also, got them for looks, painted them space gray, they really accent the front well I got the cyba scoops, couldn't beat the deal.

As far as the mix, right now I think I am going to keep running the 93 or 102 octane here in germany and not switch over to the flex fuel wiring just yet. E85 is really really hard to come by here, and when you do find it, it isn't cheap. So due to that fact, I am going to keep it simple and just run the ISO board once all the official info comes out as far as firmware, and all the supporting info.
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0