View Single Post
      07-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #42
Won35i
Unofficial Official "IN"
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi Alpine Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
I'm ditching the runflats ASAP. They are a terrible idea. Runflats should be an available option for those who want them, but not mandatory.

I don't understand why BMW locks on to stupid ideas like runflats only, and idrive then refuses to admit their mistake and let go of the nonsense, particularly after years of backlash and dissatisfaction. Wake up BMW...regular tires, touchscreen navigation.

While we're on counterintuitive BMW stuff. Put an oil dipstick back on my engine. That's great that I can check the oil level on the multi function display, but its no reason to delete the dipstick.

Oh yeah, once you dump the idrive...you got room to put the window switches back on the center console where they belong. I'd love to have an in-depth discussion with the fool who decided to abandon the BMW design language/ergonomics that made the car such an icon through the 80's and 90's.
I agree 100%, especially on a car they consider to be "performance". I hope they are an available option not mandatory. I believe I could have ditched them when I was looking at a 335i, but I cant remember what else I lost by getting rid of those..
Appreciate 0