View Single Post
      04-18-2017, 10:26 PM   #15
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 135i N55 FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Von Tooty View Post
Even on new BMWs, you'll find the rotor surface is rather rough to the point of being grooved. Also the stock pads throw off a lot of dust. The idea is the stock pad has more stopping bite when braking from very high speeds like I guess they do in Germany?

I always remove the stock pads for something that doesn't throw off a lot of dust and mess up the look of my wheels. Are you thinking I'm not concerned with safety? Well I am seldom slowing down from triple digits.

I use these for replacement pads:

https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...2&autoModClar=

These stop my car better than the stock, they throw off very little dust, bed quickly, and don't make any noise.

A tip before changing rotors. I never machine rotors regardless of their appearance. You can usually judge wear by examining the lip of each. I slap on the new pads, and if they don't make any noise and stop OK, I'm good to go!

BTW, I have a set of stock pads with 50 miles of wear. I'll trade for some wheels.

Link doesn't work. My car has just over 30k miles and I'm hearing brake squeal when going into reverse after dropping the parking brake.
Appreciate 0