View Single Post
      11-16-2005, 08:24 AM   #13
e90driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 325i, 08 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertuzzi
For people living in northern part of the U.S. or Canada, you have to consider the fact that sport package comes with summer performance tires (with treadwear rating of 140!) . So the true cost of sport package is...

Sport Package $1600 + Run Flat Winter Tires and Rims $2500 = $4100

Are the sport suspensions, sport seats, sport steering wheels and larger rims worth extra $4100? If you answer yes, go ahead and get the sport package. Since I live in Chicago, I am more than satisfied with non-sport 330i with $4100 in my pocket.

Even if you live in the south, the OEM tires have treadwear rating of 140, which means they need to be replaced every year or so. Are you willing to spend $1500 / year on tires? If you answer yes, go ahead and get the sport package. If not, save your money and enjoy your non-sport E90!
I agree, as I live in Michigan near within 1 mile of the lake and winters are pretty tough. I would have had to purchase wheels and tires in addition to the increase price of sport package. I do like the seats in the sport package much better- and I wish BMW offered them as an stand-alone option but oh well.

06 325i. IT'S HERE!- 08 E92 328xi, Premium, Auto, Cold- Montego Blue
Appreciate 0