09-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #62
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
I'll give you one example: I've heard that to fix the infamous high pressure fuel valve issue, which you'd think involves only a redesigned fuel valve, BMW also downloads a new version of the software as part of that fix.
Say you have the Cobb software. You go in for a HPFV issue. They download new software, overriding your Cobb.
You'd think... no problems, I'll just go home and download the Cobb software again. If you did that, you'd lose the software changes for the new HPFV they installed, which could render the valve worse than before. Realizing that, you don't want to reinstall the Cobb software. That's why I say it's useless... not that you can't. You won't want to.
You'll want to wait for Cobb to take a new snapshot of the BMW software with the HPFV fix, and then migrate their performance maps onto it.
Capiche?
Did you just ignore my above post? I'm asking if Cobb works with a car that has been flashed with the PPK. It's a specific question (not necessarily to you) that requires no analogies. So please no more examples, everyone gets what you're saying.
cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic
Appreciate 0