View Single Post
      08-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #14
DNG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL 128i View Post
Thanks for clearing that up DNG. I was under the impression I'd be able to get away with using all oem bulbs. I was also wondering if the stock high beams/signal bulbs would look bad in contrast with the brightness of the HID low beam and angel eyes. With that being said which HID kits do you guys prefer for the low beam? Also which HID kit do you have DNG? Your headlights are looking sexy Satalite. I read through your thread and saw you've got your angel eyes coded. Do you have to go to the dealership to get that done or can it be done elsewhere?
Yes, technically you can run halogens for the low beam. I got whatever HID came came with the DEPOs - nothing specific. You should've had the option to choose between halogen or HID low beams when you both the headlights.

Personally, I don't think halogen bulbs will look good with the white LED angel eyes. Halogens would look better with the V1 yellow angel eyes.

You won't have your high beams on, on a regular basis, so having them contrast the white LED angel eyes and the HID won't really matter.

The error issue is resolved if you get the error module that comes with the HID kit.
Appreciate 0