View Single Post
      01-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Buying a 135 relatively soon. good price/plan/suggestions?

Hi guys,

Looking to buy my first BMW (Looking at a 2011 135i) pretty soon. (within the next 2 weeks) This is most likely going to be a low mileage car. (5-7k miles a year)

Been looking at one from a independent dealership that only sells auctioned leased cars. The dealership has a decent reputation but still got a few negative reviews on problems not being told before they bought the car and etc.

The car: (I'm just copy and pasting and editing, sorry for caps)

2011 BMW 135i Coupe
$26,450
43,720 Miles (probably closer to 44000 now)
Still within warranty. Still have about 7 months/6000 miles of warranty left

M-SPORT PKG
NAVIGATION
PREMIUM PKG
DOUBLE CLUTCH AUTOMATIC
COMFORT ACCESS
ADPATIVE XENON LIGHTS
HARMON KARDON SOUND
FACTORY ALARM SYSTEM
M-SPORT SUSPENSION
M-SPORT STEERING WHEEL WITH PADDLE SHIFTERS
SATELLITE RADIO
PARK DISTANCE CONTROL
LEATHER SPORT SEATS BLACK WITH RED COMBO
BMW WARRANTY & MAINTENANCE
CLEAN CARFAX ONE OWNER

Went in for a test drive last week and it drives great. But the car has been sitting in the lot for a LONG time. They got it back in like november/december and not much interest has been shown in the car so it hasn't even been started for a while (so I suspect the engine tubing/belts are degraded for a good bit since the weather in seattle lol) Hell. The car didn't even start initially. The engine had to crank for like 5-10 seconds before it started. There's rust spots on the rotors (but the brakes didn't feel anything out of the ordinary)

The carfax is clean (but not that accurate at times so definitely doing a PPI) and shows that it's from California so maybe a little of the sea salt that might have caused some corrosion on the car.

Basically planning on walking in and paying with cash. I would ask them if it's ok to take it for a pre-purchase inspection, set-up a appointment for a pre-purchase inspection at a local BMW shop, and then go in talking about pricing for purchase that day.

I looked online for problems and pretty much the only problems I can find is engine/seatbelt rattle, the HPFP (since they apparently didn't change it much from the N54 HPFP and that's basically been recalled/warranty extended)

I was looking at their warranty and it's not too bad. it's around $2700 for 5 years/50k miles and covers everything except the "high tech" which I assume is basically the navigation/radio/speakers and stuff. (And $3300 for the "platinum" package which covers everything and rental cars when it's in the shop)

I am gonna offer $25,500-26,000 cash straight up (+ tax) for the car if the PPI came back semi-clean. (around $500-700 of repairs within the next year or two not covered under warranty if not, then i'll make a offer $25,000 + their 5 year warranty or get it at a local bmw dealership.)

Any recommendations would be nice.
Appreciate 0