View Single Post
      05-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
Is the K&N drop in filter add any HP? or do you need to actually buy a new intake to get that HP gain?

I just upgraded to BMW PE which is incredible BTW and want to look at alternatives for HP gain.
If there is, it's not noticeable, I just bought it because it can be cleaned and reused. Same goes for an aftermarket system. The gains will be so minimal that you wouldn't feel any power difference. Everyone that puts a full intake on a car will tell you they feel more pull, but it's pure placeboo due to the sound making it seem faster. There's a post where the combination of intake, exhaust and PBX actually lost power. Plus, IMO and a few others, \a full aftermarket intake sounds like crap on this car compared to the stock engine sound it produces. My friend took his off after a couple of month's due to the terrible/ ricey drone his Injin intake system produced, though some people will like the way it sounds. If you have the money to blow, go with the BMW performance intake if you just absolutely have to have an intake I would put the money into suspension, wheels and cosmetics personally.