04-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #20
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
I didn't think RE-11's had soft sidewalls, or anything noticeably softer than Star Specs. Me personally, I would just drive car as is and wait till I can afford suspension/springs and do sways last. Toe out up front will help but will lead to increased tire wear and not sure if that's something you want to deal with for tires that are dual duty. Have you taken your temps after a few hot laps?

Yes Koni shocks would be OK on stock springs. If you think M-sport springs are pretty firm, stay away from Swift. I know people on forums say Swift springs are so great but I've spent time in a car with Swift springs and I thought they were WAY too firm for daily driving.
Thanks for the heads up. I was afraid of that.
Would shocks alone address the problem Im trying to solve though (reduce plowing and outside tire wear)?
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0