View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Here's a couple pics I took a while ago (sorry can't get better new pics right now).

First is just a general pic of the trunk and the weave. Weave isn't the greatest, but I got this trunk HEAVILY discounted so I don't even care.

This next picture just shows what I'm talking about with the edges being recessed. It's completely symmetrical and even on both sides, and nobody but me has noticed it. Not even the guy that was helping me install the trunk.

Since it's an OEM style trunk and not a CSL style, though, it looked very plain without a spoiler. I added an ABS performance style spoiler painted to match the OEM BSM paint. I think it looks great...

You can also see the fitment in this pic of the spoiler:

edit- FWIW the weave on the trunk def isn't perfect, but I don't suspect that's the norm. My seibon hood is not quite as bad as the trunk seems in these pics, and the trunk's weave is accentuated in pics vs in person. Overall, the trunk looks good. If you're not looking for the crooked weave, you won't really see it. Also, there's no gaps between the weave, either, which I see on some no-name Chinese CF, and the top surface of the trunk lid is much better, than the rear which has some crooked spots. I have a feeling the reason I got this trunk so cheap was partly due to the original owner not really digging the CF weave, but I can vouch that Seibon quality, while not perfect, is normally better than what you see above for the trunk.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 04-08-2013 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0