Thread: Driving Habits?
View Single Post
      08-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #11
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

I like being a fair distance behind a car that is going fast. That is the technique I use with my radar detector. The cop hits the radar on the guy in front and my radar detector gets the signal to let me know the radar is out there. Usually the lead car gets a ticket. The OP seems like the guy I follow that gets the ticket. But at 21 I was getting a couple of tickets a year and driving like I stole it.

If the lead car is going under the speed limit I will pass and go 5 – 10 mph over the speed limit depending how lucky I feel and what road conditions I have. If someone wants to pass me I have no problem at all but you better be going faster than me.

Yep, I give a glance as I pass.

I look at a few others on the road as competition but I keep the game around the speed limits and make sure I am not an ahole. And if you have a go at the competition give them a wave. Even if I get smoked I will at least give them the thumbs up. I think it is weird that someone wants to have a little fun and play but will not look at you when you pull up next to them. What’s up with that!