04-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #18
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
So the M button works on the Linear maps now (meaning you can toggle between on and off and there is a difference)? If so, that is good news. Certainly backs their words and commitment to get this done (I had identified this back in Dec and the tuners did admit it was not a trivial change to incorporate but will work on doing so).

I am glad you are happy, perhaps there has been a release of a new much improved version of the Beta? Have you done pre- and post- dynos, or at a minimum data logs? If so, what are the gains you are seeing (both peak but equally importantly curve shape) and at what boost levels?
They must have changed their maps completely, because I was surprised to see your notes. Very good writeup, and thank you! Now I have some things to look out for. I have to admit though...I've tried both of the "newer" maps? I only use " because I'm not sure if they're the same as what you tested or not. I thought the car felt GREAT with the latest maps. I ONLY like the linear maps though. I DO NOT like what they consider "stock" trottle maps. It's too jumpy. The linear maps seem to appropriately capture the 1M feel, and I have tried a lot of tunes before (I've had STi's since 2007, and even played with ECU tunes on my ITR since 2001). Having tried a lot of maps, on a lot of different cars, I know exactly what you're talking about. An improper map can definitely change a cars character of the car. I didn't really feel that was the case with the linear maps. Did they change something since you tested the beta maps perhaps?
Appreciate 0